Friday, 14 March 2014

Meat

Meat  A large number of Indians are vegetarian for religious reasons, with entire towns serving only vegetarian meals.  These are so delicious that meat lovers are unlikely to feel put out. 
Elsewhere, meat lovers should probably (unless we're dining in a top-end big-city restaurant) opt for the chicken and fish dishes, not only are these usually very tender and succulent, but the "mutton" or "lamb" promised on the menu is more often than not goat, while "beef" (seldom on the menu, beef is taboo for most Hindus, and the ban on cow slaughter continues to be a raging national debate) is usually water buffalo.  Source Frommer's       Click on This : Indian Street Food

2 comments:

  1. I figure it’s time someone added a comment: it's been a few days.
    So I wonder what’s wrong with water buffalo?
    At 1:44 in the video someone touches the food with his/her left hand. Must be a westerner?
    EBD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that, with the left hand and was also surprised!

    ReplyDelete